All attendees are expected to comply with current venue, local, county, state, and federal guidelines. The following precautions will help prepare you for the SME Minnesota Conference, please check back often.
This plan will be updated as guidance and recommendations change.
SME Minnesota Conference: COVID-19 Protocol & Procedures
- Staff working the event will confirm with SME Human Resources Department that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Vaccinations are not required of attendees and no proof of such shall be requested unless mandated by local authorities.
- Rooms to be set to accommodate 3 feet of social distancing, regardless of local regulations at the time.
- Attendees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors in the state of Minnesota as of January 1. Attendees who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 should continue to wear a mask indoors and outdoors, especially in crowds. No proof of vaccination status will be required.
- All attendees, regardless of vaccination status, are still required to wear a facemask covering nose and mouth while on public transportation including, but not limited to: airplanes, shuttles, buses, etc. In addition, individual business in the Northern Minnesota area may enforce their own mask protocol – attendees may need to have masks even if vaccinated. The Iron Trail Motors Event Center is not currently requiring masks for vaccinated guests.
- SME Minnesota Conference staff and event center staff will not enforce mask wearing nor social distancing.
- Attendees who are exhibiting symptoms, have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or suspect they may have been exposed to COVID-19, are asked not to travel and not to attend the SME Minnesota Conference.
Onsite Health & Safety
- Attendees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors in the state of Minnesota as of January 1. Attendees who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 should continue to wear a mask indoors and outdoors, especially in crowds. No proof of vaccination status will be required. SME Minnesota Conference staff will monitor room capacity and will try to maintain areas to allow for attendees to maintain social distancing, however, it will be up to individual attendees to seek out available space. SME Minnesota Conference staff and Event Center staff will not enforce social distancing of attendees.
- All event rooms will be cleaned overnight by to limit potential exposure. Hand sanitizing stations will also be available throughout the meeting space.
- SME Minnesota staff will disinfect registration desk countertops as needed.
- Attendees will be provided email and phone number to notify the SME Minnesota Conference should they develop symptoms and require assistance. SME Minnesota Conference staff will notify the Iron Trail Motors Event Center medical personnel and refer attendee for assistance.
Post Show Monitoring
Should any attendee test positive for COVID-19 during or within 14 days of the end of the event, the affected attendee should notify SME and other attendees will be notified of potential exposure.